I am very excited and proud to announce that there is a brand new book available on the market and now in print – Visualizing Data with Microsoft Power View. When I got home after work yesterday there was a box waiting for me and the books were inside. It is hard to believe that just over a year and a half ago that I received the email from Brian Larson asking – “Ever want to be an author?”
Here is the outline for the book:
Part I – Power View
- Chapter 1 – Getting Started
- Chapter 2 – The Table Visualization
- Chapter 3 – Additional Visualizations
- Chapter 4 – Charting
- Chapter 5 – Bringing Your Data to Life
- Chapter 6 – Sharing Reports
Part II – Creating a BI Semantic Model (BISM)
- Chapter 7 – BISM: Getting Started
- Chapter 8 – Basic BI Semantic Model Design
- Chapter 9 – BI Semantic Model: Additional Model Features
- Chapter 10 – Using DAX Expressions
- Chapter 11 – Deploying Tabular BI Semantic Models
Part III – Appendixes
- Appendix A – Installing and Configuring the Sample Data
- Appendix B – Creating a Virtual Learning Environment
The book is loaded with Learn By Doing exercises throughout the book and included with the book is a DVD that includes the sample data, project files, Power View reports, and videos of all of the exercises.
There will be eBook versions made available as well and there is even talks of an enhanced one that would be available in the iTunes Apple Store that would have the videos embedded throughout the chapters for viewing.
So what are you waiting for, check it out now and let us know what you think – Visualizing Data with Microsoft Power View.
Here is an example of one of the videos for a Learn By Doing exercise: