UPDATE (2/21/2012): New presentation information – local author Brian Larson will be speaking
The next Minnesota SQL Server User Group meeting is coming up next week. This month author Brian Larson will be speaking on using maps in Reporting Services and you will see not only how it can be used its analytical capabilities, but also for gaming. Just a note that this month the meeting will be from 4 to 6 p.m. and don’t forget the new meeting location which is at the Microsoft Technology Center in Edina.
The sponsor for this month’s meeting is True Source Recruiting of Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Location: 3601 West 76th Street, Suite 600 Edina, MN 55437
Date/Time: Tuesday, February 21 from 4 to 6 p.m.
- URL: https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/usergroups/join?id=R9352R&role=attend&pw=QqGKDQ7%5Bp
- Meeting ID: R9352R
- Entry Code: QqGKDQ7[p
- 4:00-4:15 : Registration / hospitality / networking
- 4:15-4:30 : Announcements etc.
- 4:30-4:45 : SQL Tips/Tricks
- 4:45-5:45 : Geographic Visualizations Using Maps in SSRS (Brian Larson)
- 5:45-6:00 : Closing comments/prize giveaways
Geographic Visualizations Using Maps in SSRS (Brian Larson, Superior Consulting Services – VP of Technology) – This session will explore the many and varied uses of the map report item in Reporting Services. From providing geographic analytics to diagramming locations on a warehouse floor plan, the map report item – when combined with SQL Server spatial data types – can be used in a variety of ways to create spatial representations of your data. We may even look at a game or two created using the map report item.