MN SQL Saturday #99 Event Update
Posted by denglishbi on November 8, 2011
The big day is almost here, just three more days and then it is time for the Minnesota SQL Saturday #99 event at Grace church in Eden Prairie (maps and directions). If you are currently signed up but are unable to attend, please go to the registration site to update your status. There is a waiting list going right now and we are actively reviewing that throughout the week.
- There have been some schedule changes and a few updates, so please review the online schedule. The room numbers have been posted for each track as well on the site in the track names. You can also build your schedule list online – http://sqlsaturday.com/99/schedulebuilder.aspx (login to the site is required).
- Some things to note:
- We have two lunch sessions thanks to our You Rock sponsors Quest Software and HP-Microsoft Alliance; Baselining for SQL Server and Converged SQL Server Solutions from HP & Microsoft
- WIT Panel Discussion has been set and Nicole Roepke, Amanda Bates, and Barb Rokke will be leading the discussion. Tim Plas will be moderating this session.
- In the DBA2 Track The Powershell and Perfmon and Database Restores sessions have traded time slots
- In the BI1 Track Intro to Data Mining and Inside PerformancePoint sessions have traded time slots
- In the Prof Develop Track the Entity Strategies: Structuring your Consultancy has move to the 2 p.m. slot, two new sessions have been added as well – SQL Community & Social Networking (MVP Ted Krueger will be moderating this discussion as well) and Geographic Visualizations using Maps in SSRS
- In BI2 Track Becoming DAX and Securing an SSAS, SSRS, and SharePoint BI Solution sessions have traded time slots
- A new session was added to DBA2 track – PowerShell for the Reluctant DBA
- The doors will open up at around 7:30 so you can start to get registered. When you get to Grace church come in on the east side of the building (turn on Spring Rd and enter parking lot) and the door you will enter in through is labeled #4. Everything will take place upstairs, so once you are checked in proceed down the hallway and take the stairs to the terrace level.
- There is a Guidebook App available that you can put on your mobile device or check out online as well – http://m.guidebookapp.com/697/
- There will be wifi access available at Grace church
That is all for now, might do one more update Thursday, otherwise I will see you there if you are planning on attending!