PASSMN October 18, 2011 Meeting
Posted by denglishbi on October 3, 2011
The next Minnesota SQL Server User Group meeting is coming up in a couple of weeks on Tuesday, October 18. The topic this month is an introduction to Business Intelligence (BI) Semantic Models and self-service report authoring with project “Crescent” and Microsoft SQL Server MVP Dan English will be speaking (yep, that’s me).
The sponsor for this event is Superior Consulting Services:
- Sponsor: Superior Consulting Services
- Date: October 18, 2011
- Time: 3:00 – 5:00 PM
- Location: 8300 Norman Center Drive, 9th floor, Bloomington, MN 55437
- LiveMeeting URL: https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/usergroups/join?id=7S4GRT&role=attend&pw=6r7HBC%2F*3
- Please click here for meeting details and to RSVP
- 3:00-3:15 : Registration / hospitality / networking
- 3:15-3:30 : Announcements etc.
- 3:30-4:45 : Introduction to BI Semantic Model & Delivering Self-Service Reporting with “Crescent”
- 4:45-5:00 : Closing comments/prize giveaways
Introduction to BI Semantic Model & Delivering Self-Service Reporting with “Crescent” (Dan English – Superior Consulting Services) – There are a lot of changes coming in the next release of SQL Server “Denali” with Analysis Services and PowerPivot along with new powerful BI functionality being added. This presentation will introduce the new BI Semantic Model concept, talk about the different options you have with Analysis Services in SQL Server “Denali” (SQL11), go over the new features in Analysis Services – including PowerPivot, go over developing models, and dive into the new self-service reporting authoring tool “Crescent”. Along the way there will be demonstrations of the new features and functionality so you can get a feel for what is coming. By the end of the session you will have a full understanding of what lies ahead and you can start preparing your roadmap for delivering BI content within your organization.
Hope to see you there.