PASSMN September 20, 2011 Meeting
Posted by denglishbi on September 15, 2011
The next Minnesota SQL Server User Group (PASSMN) meeting is coming up in a next week and this month Ajay Nangia from Microsoft will be presenting on some new SQL Server ‘Denali’ features coming out – AlwaysOn and Columnstore Indexes.
The sponsor for this event is Visi:
- Sponsor: Visi
- Date: September 20, 2011
- Time: 3:00 – 5:00 PM
- Location: 8300 Norman Center Drive, 9th floor, Bloomington, MN 55437
- LiveMeeting URL: https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/usergroups/join?id=P7WSKB&role=attend&pw=Q%40bS%2698%40t
- Please click here for meeting details and to RSVP
- 3:00-3:15 : Registration / hospitality / networking
- 3:15-3:30 : Announcements etc.
- 3:30-4:45 : Introduction to Denali AlwaysOn and Column Store Technologies
- 4:45-5:00 : Closing comments/prize giveaways
Introduction to Denali AlwaysOn and Column Store Technologies (Ajay Nangia, Microsoft) – The session will talk about the new High Availability and Disaster Recovery solution being introduced in SQL Server “Denali”. It will provide an overview about the new features and capabilities such as utilization of secondary databases for a better return on hardware investment and how to simplify HADR deployments. It will also introduce the new column-based accelerator for vast improvements in query performance.
Unfortunately I will not be able to attend because of another commitment, but definitely some great content to check out if you can make (or use LiveMeeting if you are out and about).