PASSMN August 16, 2011 Meeting
Posted by denglishbi on August 4, 2011
The next Minnesota SQL Server User Group (PASSMN) meeting is coming up in a couple of weeks and the one and only Jason Strate, Microsoft SQL Server MVP, will be presenting on ways for DBAs to track and monitor user activity within SQL Server.
The sponsor for this event is Digineer:
- Sponsor: Digineer
- Date: August 16, 2011
- Time: 3:00 – 5:00 PM
- Location: 8300 Norman Center Drive, 9th floor, Bloomington, MN 55437
- LiveMeeting URL: https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/usergroups/join?id=DSKW6G&role=attend&pw=NN%3Fj8%22cKf
- Please click here for meeting details and to RSVP
- 3:00-3:15 : Registration / hospitality / networking
- 3:15-3:30 : Announcements etc.
- 3:30-4:45 : The Creepy DBA, How to Stalk Your Users
- 4:45-5:00 : Closing comments/prize giveaways
The Creepy DBA, How to Stalk Your Users (Jason Strate, Digineer) – Do you know when your users are using the production login accounts from their workstations? Are you aware of changes being made to the development servers that may impact future deployments? Has the new Junior DBA start giving out access like candy? As DBAs, we are responsible for knowing and acting on all of this and much more. Fortunately, SQL Server provides a number of features that you can use to monitor and track user activity. In this session, we’ll look at these features and demonstrate how you can use them to the extent that your users find you creepy!