PASSMN April 19, 2011 Meeting
Posted by denglishbi on April 14, 2011
The next Minnesota SQL Server User Group (PASSMN) meeting is coming up next week. The topic will be about SQL Server DBA careers including information about the Microsoft Certification Master program for SQL Server 2008. There will also be a bonus session after the meeting by Jason Strateabout becoming and being a SQL Server MVP.
“SQL DBA careers, including The Path to Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008”
- Date: April 19th, 2011
- Time: 3:00 – 5:00 PM
- Location: 8300 Norman Center Drive, 9th floor, Bloomington, MN 55437
- LiveMeeting URL: https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/usergroups/join?id=GPT74S&role=attend&pw=pT5%40%3Fn-69
- Register for this event
- 2:45-3:00 : Registration / hospitality / networking
- 3:00-3:15 : Announcements etc.
- 3:15-4:25 : Joe Sack: The Path to Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008
- 4:25-4:45 : Jacquie Garberg: Get the career you want…keep the one you have!
- 4:45-5:00 : Closing comments/prize giveaways
- 5:00+ : On Becoming and Being a SQL MVP – Jason Strate
The Path to Microsoft Certified Master: SQL Server 2008 (by Joe Sack, Microsoft) – Joe will be giving an in-depth talk on the SQL MCM Certification program. He’ll discuss how the SQL MCM Certification program format use to look and how it looks today. He’ll also describe the benefits of a SQL MCM Certification and how to prepare for it.
Get the career you want…keep the one you have! (by Jacquie Garberg, Benchmark Learning) – Do you know where you are heading with your career? Are you on the journey to somewhere or just getting by? Does your organization see the value you bring to the table? What do companies look for in a SQL DBA professional? Jacquie will focus on career topics, with an interactive discussion. She will also provide the latest tips and tricks to help you “stay on track” so that your career doesn’t get derailed.
On Becoming and Being a SQL MVP (by Jason Strate, Digineer) – For those willing to stay a little later than our usual closing time, Jason Strate will tell us what the MVP award is, what’s involved in becoming an MVP, and what it the benefits are for the MVP program.