PASSMN November 16, 2010 Meeting
Posted by denglishbi on November 8, 2010
In order to RSVP for the event you will need to login to the national PASS site and click on the RSVP link. The sponsor for next month’s event is PASS.
PASSMN November 2010 Meeting – Si Se Puede! Achieving Separation of Duties with SQL Server
- Meeting sponsor: PASS
- Location: 8300 Norman Center Drive, 9th Floor, Bloomington, MN 55437
- Please RSVP here for the event to assist in making sure there is enough snacks and beverages ordered
- Live Meeting URL: https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/usergroups/join?id=ZQHK5Q&role=attend&pw=J%3D%7E4*fNqK (to get the audio you will need to download and install the full Live Meeting client)
3:00 – 3:15 : Announcements
3:15 – 3:25 : Sponsor
3:25 – 4:45 : Si Se Puede! Achieving Separation of Duties with SQL Server (Lara)
4:45 – 5:00 : Survey Collection and Giveaways
Si Se Puede! Achieving Separation of Duties with SQL Server (presented by Lara Rubbelke) – Given a SQL Server querying problem there’s much that you can do to enable a good performing solution. Tuning involves arranging an optimal physical environment, e.g., by creating supporting indexes, as well as writing the query in a way that it would get an optimal execution plan. Many factors can affect the efficiency of the solution including the availability of indexes, data distribution and density, and others. In different scenarios, a different solution could be the most efficient for the same querying problem. Query tuning could be considered an art. This session will provide various tips to do efficient query tuning and demonstrate those through specific tuning examples.
- PASSMN 2011 Executive Board – Congratulations to the executive board for 2011 – Jason Strate, Gordon D’Souza, Tim Plas, Andy Lohn, Steve Hughes
- PASS Summit 2010 Live Keynote Streaming – Are you unable to make it to the PASS Summit 2010 event this year? Well you are in luck, this year they are going to be streaming the keynote talks along with the Women in Technology luncheon. Head over to PASS Summit 2010 Live Streaming Events and get registered today.
- SQL Saturday 58 Feedback Survey – We had an amazing turnout with right around 250 people in attendance along with our sponsors of the event. Next year we are looking at doing it again, but before we start in on the planning for that we would like to get everyone’s feedback and comments. If you could take a couple of minutes and answer a few questions in regards to the event we would be extremely grateful – SQL Saturday 58 Minnesota Feedback Survey. Thanks again for making last week such a wonderful event!
- Minnesota Microsoft BI User Group Q4 2010 Meeting – The next BI User Group meeting will be on December 1 with an Ask the Experts panel to discuss BI challenges and a Master Data Management presentation – Please Register Here.