October 2010 Free DW & BI Training
Posted by denglishbi on October 7, 2010
Looking for some FREE data warehousing and business intelligence training? Well you are in luck, this month is loaded with lots of great content both online and in-person where you can learn about Microsoft SQL Server offerings.
Online you can check out the following:
- Fri, Oct 8th 12 p.m. EST – Reporting from Analysis Services Cubes Using Excel 2010 and Sharepoint 2010 Excel Services (by Peter Myers)
- Tue, Oct 12th 12 p.m. EST – Maps Integration into Reporting Services (by Matt Smith)
- Wed, Oct 20th 12 p.m. EST – Getting started with SteamInsight and Complex Event Processing Applications (by Chris Coneybeer)
- Mon, Oct 25th 12 p.m. EST – Applied MDX (by Kevin Geoff)
- Tue, Oct 19th 2 p.m. EST – SQL Statement Tuning with Indexing Strategies (by Kevin Kline)
- Thu, Oct 21st 11 a.m. EST – Out with the old in with the new, Migrating DTS to SSIS (by Brian Knight)
In-person you can check out (if you are in MN):
SQL Saturday #58 – Minnesota (registration is limited, so sign up now)
- Date: Friday, October 29, 2010 Time: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (registration starting at 7:30)
- Location: Mystic Lake Casino Hotel, Prior Lake, MN
- Cost: FREE!
- Schedule: http://sqlsaturday.com/58/schedule.aspx
- Registration: http://sqlsaturday.com/58/register.aspx
- Event site: http://sqlsaturday.com/58/eventhome.aspx
At SQL Saturday (on a Friday) there will be training on PowerPivot, SSRS, SSAS, Data Mining, SSIS, PerformancePoint, SharePoint, PowerShell, and more!