Windows Server 2008 and Vista SP2 coming soon
Posted by denglishbi on April 30, 2009
It appears that the SP2 should be available really soon now, maybe even today or tomorrow. I see that the release notes were just made available on the Microsoft downloads today. With the release of Office 2007 SP2 (and there is a SP2 for the Office Servers like Project and WSS) on Tuesday this week there was an updated launch page Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 and Windows Vista Service Pack 2 released. There is some good documentation available that you will want to check out. A couple of the things to note is that Windows Server 2008 shipped with SP1 and with SP2 Hyper-V will be available natively and you will not have to download this separately anymore. There is a blocker tool that you can download if you do not want this service pack too.
- Things to Know About SP2
- FAQ: Windows Server 2008/Windows Vista SP2 Frequently Asked Questions
- Download Windows Service Pack Blocker Tool
- Windows Operating System Service Pack Blocker Toolkit: Frequently Asked Questions
- Release Notes for Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Release Notes for Windows Vista SP2
- Hot Fixes and Security Updates in Windows Server 2008 SP2/Windows Vista SP2
- Notable Changes in Windows Server 2008 SP2/Windows Vista SP2
- Deployment Guide for Windows Server 2008 SP2
- Deployment Guide for Windows Vista SP2
So get ready for more updates this week. By the way, this is not a cumulative update, but Windows Server 2008 shipped with SP1. If you have Vista you will need to install SP1 prior to installing this update.