Weekly Downloads for WE 12/01/2007
Posted by denglishbi on December 3, 2007
I must admit that I am constantly on the lookout for new things to download. Here is what I downloaded this past week:
- SQL Server 2005 Books Online (September 2007) – Download an updated version of the documentation and tutorials for Microsoft SQL Server 2005. See the "Additional Information" section for an update on SQL Server Express Books Online. For a list of updated topics, see "New and Updated Books Online Topics (15 September 2007)."
- Microsoft Office Mobile 6.1: Upgrade for Microsoft Office 2007 file formats – If you’ve got a Windows Mobile 5.0 or Windows Mobile 6 phone or PDA, you’ll want to grab this update. The update is free for anyone who has an existing copy of Office Mobile, which should cover most Windows Mobile users. It adds support for Office 2007 documents including DOCX, XLSX and PPTX files. There’s also enhanced viewing capabilities for Excel Mobile, the ability to add SmartArt in PowerPoint Mobile. Users can also view and extract files from ZIP folders.
- Free Download Manager v2.5 – FDM accelerates downloads by splitting files into sections and then downloading them simultaneously. As a result download speed increases up to 600%, or even more! FDM can also resume broken downloads so you needn’t start downloading from the beginning after casual interruption. FDM lets you download files and whole web sites from any remote server via HTTP, HTTPS and FTP. You can also download files using BitTorrent protocol.
- Windows Live Writer – Windows Live Writer is a desktop application that makes it easier to compose compelling blog posts using Windows Live Spaces or your current blog service. Blogging has turned the web into a two-way communications medium. Our goal in creating Writer is to help make blogging more powerful, intuitive, and fun for everyone. Writer has lots of features which we hope make for a better blogging experience.
- SQL Server 2008 – Table valued parameters (Channel9 Screencast) – If you have to insert more than one row of data in a Table, you end up executing the insert statement / stored procedure as many times for each row, with Table-valued parameters you can send multiple rows of data to a single TSQL statement or stored procedure without creating temp tables or doing multiple round trips. Table-valued parameters are a new parameter type in SQL Server 2008 and are declared by using user-defined table types.