New Book – Visual Intelligence: Microsoft Tools and Techniques for Visualizing Data
Posted by denglishbi on April 26, 2013
I just found out this week that the book Visual Intelligence: Microsoft Tools and Techniques for Visualizing Data was available on the Amazon for the Kindle and also in paperback now.
When I got home from work last night there was a package waiting for me and it was my own personal copy of the book:)
I had the pleasure of being one of the technical editors on the book
As well as a contributor where I got to work on one of the chapters, so you get to see some of my handy work as well, guess which chapter;)
And I greatly appreciate Mark’s acknowledgment and allowing me to work on the book
Here is the description of the book from Amazon:
Go beyond design concepts and learn to build state-of-the-art visualizations
The visualization experts at Microsoft’s Pragmatic Works have created a full-color, step-by-step guide to building specific types of visualizations. The book thoroughly covers the Microsoft toolset for data analysis and visualization, including Excel, and explores best practices for choosing a data visualization design, selecting tools from the Microsoft stack, and building a dynamic data visualization from start to finish. You’ll examine different types of visualizations, their strengths and weaknesses, and when to use each one.
- Data visualization tools unlock the stories within the data, enabling you to present it in a way that is useful for making business decisions
- This full-color guide introduces data visualization design concepts, then explains the various Microsoft tools used to store and display data
- Features a detailed discussion of various classes of visualizations, their uses, and the appropriate tools for each
- Includes practical implementations of various visualizations and best practices for using them
- Covers out-of-the-box Microsoft tools, custom-developed illustrations and implementations, and code examples
Visual Intelligence: Microsoft Tools and Techniques for Visualizing Data arms you with best practices and the knowledge to choose and build dynamic data visualizations.
I would highly recommend getting your copy in either paperback or electronic format and checking it out. Both versions are in full color, very nice:)